January 2020 has me wondering what in the world is going on. January has always been a challenging month for me when it comes to depression rearing its ugly head, but it is my anxiety which has been off the charts.
Never in my life have I been so impacted by the news filling my feed than in the past month.
So many friends I know were eager to say goodbye to 2019 & if the start of 2020 is any indication of what other delights await us, I am hoping Christ returns sooner than later.
I mean come on! Look at a few of the events we have encountered:
- January 3 US military kills Qasem Soleimani & Trump tweets threats on flexing US muscles against Iran & talks flared up around the start of World War III
- January 8, Ukrainian airline is shot down “accidentally”with all 176 passengers perishing
- January 15, Russian government quits because Putin plans to remain as the president until at least 2024
- Wild fires in Australia destroying 46,000,000 acres of land, and they are saying an estimated one billion wild life have lost their lives due to the fires (however not just January 2020 – since June 2019)
- Grocery prices are soaring in Nova Scotia, Canada
- January 27, several small earthquakes have put Iceland on alert of a possible volcanic eruption happening near the Blue Lagoon
- January 28 an earthquake strikes between Jamaica & Cuba which reaches 7.7 magnitude
- January 30, the World Health Organization declares an international emergency on the pandemic outbreak of the Coronavirus
I may have missed some stuff. Who knows, but is it just me or is something bigger going on? Could it be we are just so plugged in, finding out about every world event is unavoidable and perhaps twenty years ago a couple of these items we wouldn’t hear about. I don’t know, they all seem very significant to me and I have to wonder, what next?
Be kind to each other & embrace life especially during these darker than normal days. What do you think? Do you think January 2020 is just an unusually crappy month, or is something more going on? Is humanity falling apart and the planet is just reacting to the sins humankind has placed against the earth?
Peace & Love – Rachel