A wise sexy woman I know sent me the feature picture for this entry which says “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful” William Morris. I am glad this lovely lady shared this quote with me as I have been applying it to inspire me as I purge like I have never purged before.
We keep so many things which clutter up our space creating a chaotic environment for many reasons, such as maybe this will fit me once I lose 10 lbs, I may need these pants if I gain back the ten pounds, or my best friend gave me this, or an item has a memory attached to it, or maybe some day I will finally start scrapbooking, and the list of reasons to keep junk goes on and on and on. And it is junk if all it is doing is collecting dust and taking up space. There is always a reason to keep something and always a reason to buy something (I can come up with the best excuse for why I “need” a piece of clothing).
The Minimalism Challenge has been good for me as I am also letting go of material items, letting go of the past, letting go of what I hoped for in the future and living in that moment called “now”.
1-2. Colored tights
9. Hanukkah game set
10. Sloan on Vinyl (gave to friend who has a record player & collects vinyl)
11. Middle Eastern Version of Barbie (bought in Kuwait, thought it was neat but kept in a box of stuff I never touched). Yes, it is super cool and given to same friend who took my vinyl!
12. Land line phone
13. Spa toe thing (it hurt my feet and did not resemble any time of spa treatment)
14. Colorful tassel for a Camel from Kuwait
15. Korean soup ladle made out of wood
16. Flip flops
17. Photo Album
18. Candle stick holders from Jerusalem
I will be posting day 19 shortly as last night my friend mistaken my phone for his so I was not able to post last night. See you soon! xx Rachel